Bungalow roof with hip roof on one side

ethanjsmith82

I can't figure out why the roof on this bungalow plan keeps getting auto-changed to a hip design on one side of the house.  It should be gabled on both sides.

You'll see what I mean in the attached plan.

I think I had it correct at one point but I am not sure how I got it that way and don't know how it got messed up.  I am sure I am missing something obvious but I haven't found it so far.

Any ideas?

Pre-Reno.plan

the front wall of your house has been split into two different walls next to window on left of  Door  and the left hand section doesn't have the Upper Pitch set per the other part of the wall as 3" and 6" upper.

and the offending wall that is full gable is not aligned with the Attic wall above , this step alone may fix it but I found the other stuff above 1st.

M

edit : I just noticed it looks like you want rooms in the attic , HD won't allow rooms on the "Attic Level" so you will need to make a 2nd floor to use that roof space  and checking the "ignore 2nd floor box in the Roof Build DBX. There are other ways to accomplish this too depending on whether you have knee walls up there or not.

and the offending wall that is full gable is not aligned with the Attic wall above , this step alone may fix it but I found the other stuff above 1st.

I had no idea it was not aligned.  Is there a command and/or simple way to do this? When I turn on reference lines it definitely seems lined up to me.

And thanks for the note about the attic space.  Right now it is a finished attic with knee walls, but I'm not super concerned about the windows being there other than I am trying to accurately portray how the home appears right now.

if you click on the attic wall in a 3D ( or any ) view , if a wall is not aligned above or below, you will get an icon on the edit menu with a black arrow point up or down referring to which wall you want to align it too.

I also last night after     posting that part of the alignment problem is probably due to the left hand Master bedroom closet wall is misaligned by about 1/2" which you can see if you zoom right in though  I 1st noticed it on the exterior as a line running up the wall.  As a general rule your exterior walls should always select as one long wall, if of the same wall type,  the left hand side of the house is 3 parts , the front and RH side are two parts which can lead to issues when specifying roof slopes , overhangs etc..

Thanks again for your help.  I figured it out.  Even after I aligned everything the problem remained.  It ended up being that I had specified on that problem wall the "upper pitch" option.  I didn't realize that only needs to be specified on the front and back wall/roof edges.  Definitely still think it is a bug of sorts, since I had "full gable roof" option enabled.

Anyways, I'm good now. 

you actually have the same setting over tboth he porch walls too , that is why that long LH wall is split into 3 parts when you select it  ie all attributes are not the same ,and it is also set over the kitchen sink window wall too