Using Manufacturer Catalog only inserts flooring color not actual flooring

rob757

Hello,

I'm using Home Designer Interiors (2016).  Several days ago I used a Manufacturer's catalog to insert some wood flooring in a room.  It worked well.  Today, instead of seeing the wood planking that I selected being displayed on the floor, I see only a flat color (similar to the color of the wood planking).  When I view the "object" properties the preview window shows the flooring I want, however when I select it only the flat color, not the actual flooring, is displayed.

Also, why is it that when previewing a selection of flooring the top preview box shows the selected flooring, but the bottom preview box shows both the actual flooring and a flat color rectangle swatch, similar to the color of the actual flooring?

Any help would be much appreciated.

rpa

It sounds like you have Toggled Textures off in a Vector view ?  so you only get the flat colour.

The Flat colour is what you see in All Vector views if textures are off, the texture toggle (as it is called) is actually turning off the PATTERN , you see in the Object's DBX. Standard view always shows the Full Texture (picture) on the Texture Tab. (bit confusing I know)

The preview window shows what you see in each view ,standard or vector in this case as it is a Material , not an object (symbol). The view is switchable in the preview window too , play with the icons at the top of the preview window to experiment.

M.

post-25-0-29585000-1433117275_thumb.jpg

Hi Kbird1,

In my version of HD Interiors, I cannot find a "Vector View" to toggle "textures" off/on.  I'm certain that it's something I did because, as I mentioned, it was displaying (in the 3D view) the actual flooring I wanted for several days and not just the similar flat/solid color.  I'm a web developer so I should be able to figure it out, but I'm totally stumped!

Thanks,

ChiefSales way via the menu works too , I suspect I added the icon to my toolbar but I have Pro , not sure if HDI has that option ( toolbar configuration)

Actually your comment makes me wonder if HDI has Vector views.......  just checked  hmmmm according to the Matrix    it doesn't , it says Vector view excluded.

Which means I guess you are in Standard View but the Option is the Same for textures , turning off textures can make  the program a little faster if you are on a slower Computer , say an older laptop , then turn them on for the final view. I usually use Vector view for that if needed so don't usually toggle textures in Standard Camera views .

do you  have watercolour or techicnal or Glass views ? ie the Artsy views ? 

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/products/product-chooser.html

Thanks,

Menu: '3D' --> 'Toggle Textures worked perfectly!  Great help, I'm back in the right direction. 

I do have watercolor and technical and glass views.  They help as well.

Thanks again Kbird1 and ChiefSales for your great help!

rpa