wall and ceiling heights

warrenwest

Hi,

I did this last October on a project and now for the life of me can't remember how I did it and I have already wasted too much time today trying to figure it out. I have attached the cross elevation that I'm trying to recreate ( with specific regards to the second floor wall and ceiling heights ) and secondly of where I stand at the moment. How do I get mine to look like the Architects? And don't worry, I don't understand Polish either :) 

Your advise will be greatly appreciated as always.

Elevation.pdf

post-794-0-50559600-1432845371_thumb.png

Are you referring to the ceiling slope at the outer wall?  Pro has more tools and options than HDA, but with HDA (my program) I would initially set the ceiling height at maybe 8' ?  Then...(when I was sure the roof planes would never have to be rebuilt) I would turn off 'auto build roof'  and raise the ceiling (maybe to 9' or 10' ?).

Yep that method is the easiest , not sure you can get that exact truss built ..but you can get close with a truss and Ceiling Beam , and since trusses automatically delete rafters if in the same space, you can use that info to drop the ceiling planes on the slope and use a custom ceiling plane for the main ceiling plane 6-8 " below the truss.

post-25-0-08074100-1432884562_thumb.jpg

the plan is done in x7 but you should be able to open it and check things out , I saved the cross section camera for you to look at.

Trussed Roof .plan

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell ! Easy when you know how ;) Thanks a ton Jo_ann and Mick. Im not too interested in the truss work as Its only for interior design purposes and not construction but I have to get the room looking like the real thing.

Many many thanks again.

umm not quite. yet. While the method worked I only want the wall on the right to have this attribute. The Wall with the glass door ( top floor ) should remain at full height. Is that understandable? See the photo attached. This is what I'm after.

post-794-0-78521900-1433971129_thumb.png

post-794-0-80151200-1433971370_thumb.jpg