Not getting .skp file thumbnail icon when importing to HD Pro 2015

alfrosen6

I have just upgraded from Home Designer Pro 2014 to HD Pro 2015.  I have noticed that with 2015 when I import a .skp file,  the file icon is not a thumbnail of the object as it is with HD Pro 2014.  As a result, it is pretty much a guess as to whether I am selecting the correct object I want to use.  Does anyone else experience the same and, if so, is there a fix?

Attached is a jpg of the skp icon with HD Pro 2014 and a jpg of the skp icon with HD Pro 2015.

Thanks.

post-235-0-35679400-1402370642_thumb.jpg

post-235-0-80418000-1402370656_thumb.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize the Mac version doesn't allow for importing SKP files until I saw this question.

Installed Pro 2015 over on my PC and can confirm that at least between Architectural 2014 and Pro 2015, I am seeing the same difference in how the preview for the symbol displays.  

I probably wouldn't have noticed since I only typically save one or two SKPs to my Desktop before importing them, and they are already descriptively named, but maybe check with the company's Support team to see if this was an intentional change?

Those previews are generated by an addon that is installed when Sketchup is installed. Since Sketchup is still only a 32 bit program they only install the 32 bit version of preview handler addon. This means when using a 64-bit program you do not see the full preview.  If you were to install the 32 bit version of HD Pro 2015 you would see the preview.

This will not change until Sketchup updates to 64 bit.

• Upvote 1