Drawing Arcs in Plot Plans

pllytle

I am trying to draw a plot plan from the county survey of my property.  I'm using the article KB-00850.  All was going well, entered data for 1st line, all good.  Entered data for 2nd line, all good.  Entered data for 1st arc, all good, entered 4th line, all good.  But the next segment is another arc.  According to the KB arcticle I created a line then changed the line to an arc and entered the radius (like I did on the 1st arc).  But the line it drew is a 'bump' and I need it to be a 'bowl'.  How do I get the curve reversed? My geometry is old and never good.   I am drawing each segment from a clockwise direction. 

Penny

Home Designer Architectural 2015

How do I get the curve reversed?

Vectors and arcs can be described in one of two ways, for instance a vector can be defined (stated) by North and East or South and West, Arc's are also capable of being expressed in terms of their Arc Angle which can be stated for instance as +45 degrees or as -315 degrees. Geometry was not my strength in school either. You can also turn on " Edit Poly-Line Parts" command and then select the errant Arc and then reflect it vertically or horizontally using the transform-replicate tool. Not being able to see your problem, I can only guess in terms of a workable solution.

DJP

Thanks for the info, I'll play around with it tonight.  My drawing should have been attached but I had some problems with that, I'll try again.  I also included the curve data from the survey:

post-1197-0-71047200-1431445409_thumb.jpg

post-1197-0-83880000-1431445631_thumb.jpg

not sure why but HD always bows ARCS "OUTWARD" 1st            (guess it has to go one way or the other though)

but all you need to do is grab the ARC MANIPULATION HANDLE , (the triangle) and pull inwards , the ends stay fixed and the curve will bow "inwards" .

The circle edit handle is for moving the ARC along its Radial line only , you can show the ARC centres with the toggle button too assuming your version has that feature?

M.

post-25-0-70078100-1431459872_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-57717300-1431459880_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well, I think I might have to work with drawing arcs in CAD with my survey curve data.  The KB article only discusses creating an arc when you're closing a polyline, so it doesn't talk about specifying the chord length and angle.  Thank you all for your help, I may be back in a few days with more questions.

Penny

Home Designer Architectural 2015