multiple roof planes on a single side of a structures

bbrother

hi all, i'm trying to mimic a existing layout of a house to develop plans for a add-on. i've attached a pic of the structure. it has a combination of barn and gable roofs in a single plane. i've tried everything i can think of. i've tried building it as a dormer, separating the barn style by making it a separate room. i can't get it to produce multiple styles. any ideas? 

home designer pro '2014

post-2878-0-72023700-1431201620_thumb.jpg

more photos of the real thing and posting the plan , so people can have a look for you will get you better answers

it would be a good idea to fill in your Forum Profile Signature too , so in future posts people know what you are using etc ,which is pertinent to all questions on this forum.

M.

Well I wrote some instructions for you and they went somewhere unknown also I use metric but when you build that second floor you need to change the ceiling height to what ever height the outside walls are they looked about 5 feet in the photo so I changed the wa;; height via the ceiling height to 1500mm.

This might be clear as mud but have a play. My photos should give you an idea of what to try. I don't have time to re-write the instructions and it depends on what program you are using. Best of luck its hard when you are trying to create a plan and there is no video to show you what to do. The day will come where you can work your way around most situations hang in there. This forum has some wonderfull people that go out of their way to help. As Mick said post more photos or your plan. x

post-620-0-07584600-1431295405_thumb.png

post-620-0-48462200-1431295431_thumb.png

post-620-0-67909300-1431295459_thumb.png

post-620-0-59102800-1431295491_thumb.png