Perspective Full View is a Blank Page

DavidGrosvenor

Go to solution Solved by DavidGrosvenor,

Have you assertively ordered that framing exists? If you have not that is why there is none to see using the framing overview camera. In the less expensive titles the framing is automatically built when you order a framing overview camera but in Architectural and Pro (and Chief Premier) none is there to be seen until you set defaults and order it built.

DJP

Based on the replies, I did some more checking. 

The problem is something unique to one file. 

The camera views work on other files.

I have searched the knowledge base, but have not identified a way I may have inadvertently turned the cameras off, or why I get blank pages.

Because the views work on other files, it is not a video card problem.

I have tried moving the file to a different computer and get the same resuilts, this pretty much eliminates a "computer problem" and highlights a "file" problem.

I can try creating a new file, but I would like to know how to fix this so if I do whaterver I did again, I do not have to start over.

David

sorry was typing as I was playing with your plan so this maybe a bit disjointed............

it's very strange , the cameras are there , but for some reason they are generating about 64 miles away ( guesstimate) from the house , if you go to 3d Pres. Overview and then switch back to the 2d plan and use the Fill window icon (or F6)  you should see the camera(s) , you may need to zoom out even more though, the house will just look like a bunch of text /dimensions , I found the camera out and down to the right but ALONG way from the house.

for some reason all your Pres. cameras are no longer on "default"  neither the  height or distance settings  eg I am unsure why your camera is 232730" above the ground or 354340" away,( see the pic), right click on the camera once you find it and click open and then set both back to Default  60" and then you need to drag the camera back towards the house and resize it lengthwise as you go.

looks like you'll need to do it for each camera too.

Full camera works , looks like you have a few other issues to deal with too esp. you roofs.

Before you "fix" it you might want to send the ("bad" plan to Tech Support ,and find out why this happened , they may even have a faster way to fix it?

post-25-0-21008900-1431131829_thumb.jpg

house is there though , this is after fixing the 1st camera

post-25-0-90948500-1431131840_thumb.jpg

Okay after fixing the 1st camera and closing the view , and then reopening it , it goes back to "64miles away and UP from the model , so TS maybe your answer here ,unless someone knows how to reset the default camera settings.

quick tip:

once you fix a view ,make sure to save the camera before closing the view and then open it from the saved camera instead of from the camera icon

David,

You have walls in outer space!!

Go to 0 level in the 2d view.   Zoom waaay out and you will see 3 renegade walls.  One at about 10:00 and 2 more at about 4:00.  Delete them!

THEN...zoom way way out, and at about the 4:00 position you will see 1 more crazy wall.  Delete that too!!

NOW try a 3d perspective full overview.  All should be good again.  :)

But....YIKES!  You have issues!  Why is level 0 only 33.5" tall?  And the guest bathroom has no floor.. it is open to the abyss!

You've got some fixin' to do!  :o

good find Jo , I guess it was the walls at 4.00 the cameras I found were locked on (I did see cameras out at 10 o'clock too but didn't delve that deep in) , strangely I didn't see the walls even doing a 360° turn in the 3D view window when the fill window and fill window building icons didn't work...

yep definitely going to be busy with the "remodel"

M.