Calculate materials for room not working for concrete?

ethanjsmith82

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I select a room within my foundation and choose "calculate materials for room", it doesn't list any of the foundation-related items, such as concrete, rebar, etc.  It only lists those items when I choose "calculate for all rooms".

But, I am doing an addition project, so I don't need to know concete quantities to build the whole house.  I just need it for a certain section of the house.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just a limitation?

"Wrong"  is probably not the right word, improper or outside of the intended function or programming would probably be more correct. You have already demonstrated what does and does not work for yourself. The thing about the "Materials List" function is understanding it is merely tabulating what you did and did not do and nothing else. To obtain a useful, accurate materials list the plan file must be PERFECT on all floors including the attic and foundation levels for when you order a materials list created, depending upon which command you use, it merely measures precisely what you put there to be measured, so if the model is absolutely perfect in all respects, it will reflect in the resultant materials list. Only you can control whether or not you get accuracy. The Materials List commands are completely covered in the Reference Manual, read that for more information.

DJP