Partial walls seem to be flawed!

andrewcali

Go to solution Solved by katalyst777,

The half wall/ railing seems to be flawed! I'm trying to build an office or structure with shorter walls than the building around it like an enclosed office with a lower ceiling within a large warehouse. #1 I have found that you must remove the ceiling on one of the structures or it creates a halo wall over the room....."not that big of a deal except they don't tell you this!!!!!!!!  #2 when you remove one of the ceilings it works, but then it will only allow you to place door opening, no garage door regular door etc... This is a MAJOR issue..& so far tech support sends me to the VERY poorly & technically  incorrect worded half/wall/railing partial wall instructions. (they tell you to build a wall then put a railing on it

Does anyone half a solution? I may send the software back over this issue... tech support seems to be not listening to the problem.

KBIRD...Its not Loft or mezzanine......which would work for a (raised office).  I'm trying to build an enclosed office or structure with shorter walls & ceiling. like an enclosed office with a lower ceiling within a large warehouse. Or a paint booth within a body shop..the problem. is when you try to make a wall shorter than the rest it appears not let you use doors or both ceilings. Their are ton of application you simply cannot do with this software..It's a MAJOR FLAW.

I have done exactly what you want many times using the Mezzanine technique for warehouses , you don't have you use the space above for anything or , put stairs etc up there that's a design choice , and done that way you get all the framing etc too. , it's no different than building a two storey house ...very easy once you do it once...

here's a quick plan for you...

Warehouse_Mezzanine Floor.plan

and some pics

post-25-0-29292400-1430869386_thumb.jpgpost-25-0-47751900-1430869434_thumb.jpgpost-25-0-69753500-1430869452_thumb.jpg

M

• Upvote 1