exterior walls extending past gable trusses

pil03001

yep post the plan , and like Eric my guess is Attic wall maybe not set on the gable ends.

you can use the Snipping Tool to take picks of problems , no need to print to PDF , see 2nd link in my Sig . if needed for a how to post

Overhangs want to be 2 1/4 minimum +/- so the siding will tuck up behind them  , though I personally like mor to protect the building more.

you have some other issues too

-- instead of building a monolithic slab ( build>Floor>foundation) for you garage floor you have concrete slabs , and one is floating 12" above the floor which you can see through the siding, delete them and build the foundation.

-- you have designated the upper floor as "Attic"  that is why you can see the floor sticking through the roof in several spots , make the area inside the knee walls a Bedroom / office or unspecified    even. The two areas outside the knee walls should be designated Attic though to clean things up.

-- Fascia on the Dormer was too small usually fascia is one size  larger than the rafters so you have room for the soffit, and I adjusted the auto windo which are never the real size eg 4'x4' works nicely.

-- Is your garage really 12' 8" tall?  , just wanted to check....  also your garage doors are 10'x10' which is an unusual size.....  unless this is a Mechanic's Shop or something?

post-25-0-88948900-1430876538_thumb.jpg

I'll attach the doctored plan below , but not sure you can open it...

detached garage.plan

Thank you both for your input! 

The garage has the 12.5' ceilings to accomadate a lift and and 10'x10' doors so I can fit anything in the future (boat, trailer, lifted truck etc).

Is there a way to adjust the overhang on individual walls?  I attempted ot by selecting the wall-open object-roof-and adjusted the overhang, but nothing changed in the 3d view

don't know what title you have but you need to build the roof if auto roofs is off to change the overhang either via the build roof dialog as Eric showed or you can change the overhang on individual walls in each Wall's DBX on the roof tab( see pic) then rebuild the roof if auto roof is off

post-25-0-24175700-1430883181_thumb.jpg