Sloped (brick) exterior window sill

davaco

not sure what title you have but I think they all have Soffits (cabinet menu), so you should be able to use the Soffit with brick material and the checkbox for Sloped Soffit. Use split view when working with sloped soffits it's far easier to figure out what the dimensions etc mean in the DBX.

Wow, this is a deal breaker for me...I cannot believe that a parametric window tool does not handle conventional sill and head details.....regardless of wether again its to be used by DIY'ers or Professionals.

I watched the video by DJP with amazement.....well demonstrated as it was, but a loose end as far as building information goes.

We don't need 'dumb' objects - objects that float in the BIM world.

A work-around for sure - but I am learning slowly of the missing essentials in HDPro.

Thanks for the intro.

Disappointed again am I that I can't work with this.

As a Pro Rob ,producing Drawings, I don't think HD Pro is gonna work for you and will be one frustration after another , unless all you need is 3D capability for Client presentations , I'd think that the time savings alone with Chief especially when it come to get Drawings out the door for you ,would mean it would pay for itself in a year .

Neither HD Pro or Chief a BIM capable/enabled , you may find more info on this on Chieftalk , not sure how important that is but a lot are using Chief as Revit etc are 3X the price (AFAIK)

Chief has an Aust. support number again these days too, if that's a consideration.

As a Pro Rob ,producing Drawings, I don't think HD Pro is gonna work for you and will be one frustration after another , unless all you need is 3D capability for Client presentations , I'd think that the time savings alone with Chief especially when it come to get Drawings out the door for you ,would mean it would pay for itself in a year .

Neither HD Pro or Chief a BIM capable/enabled , you may find more info on this on Chieftalk , not sure how important that is but a lot are using Chief as Revit etc are 3X the price (AFAIK)

Chief has an Aust. support number again these days too, if that's a consideration.

I think this may be the case as you say - 'one frustration after another' - perhaps..

Maybe I am expecting too much from both versions, as I have looked at Chief re this window sill item also - No go there with the window parametrics either.

Baring in mind the naming differences between US and AUS terminology - but I still can't get a profile sill to my liking. (Spalyed brick) 

I guess those software architects in the know at Chief - have said no go with this detail.

That's cool - not necessarily useful - but I can see the extra setup needed to get that happening would be time consuming.

I'm just disappointed - for such a great ($650.00AU) price - it's a cool suite of software. (HD)

But not really going anywhere for the more detailed BIM operations and needs. (imo)

It's a tailored product - which I am learning.

What software does the object creating for HD & Chief objects?

Is that a trade secret I guess?

Maybe one could add this extrusion profile to the library.....I'm guessing.

You can import  3d Models from most 3D Software in Chief but you can make Symbols right in Chief Premier and save them to the library , this stuff wont work in the trial as you can't save anything in the trial AFAIK though 

I don't do a lot of brickwork myself so that particular symbol I haven't played with but I have seen it discussed on CT several times , check the Symbols Forum for User made shared files.

perhaps you should also checkout http://www.cadsoft.com.au/   ProArchitect is a bit more than HDPro and Envisioneer is a bit Cheaper than Chief and they have OZ Support too